Monday, May 3, 2010

Adventures in Sewing Machines



Let us say that sewing a renaissance dress is a little more complicated than I thought it would be. I mean, I knew it wouldn't be EASY by any means... but I didn't expect it to be an exercise in frustration. I have no idea how people do it without a helper, because hot damn. Even with one of my best friends (who is so much better at it than me) doing most of the actual sewing, it was still one of the more agitating things I've ever done. It did, however, turn out quite nice.

So, despite the frustration... my next projects are as follows.

Making a larger fleece blanket for the kids. This will be easy, as it is just one bit of fleece with some ribbon for the edges. Easy peasy.

Making a black velvet cloak. It's going to be awful. I can FEEL it. But it will come out awesome. (It better, anyways.)

Someday I will be good at this, I swear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment