Friday, April 16, 2010

Baths and Showers



What is this? We're going to talk about baths and showers today? Mom, don't you realize that's a private thing? You know, personal?

I do, actually. Which is why there are no BATH pictures up here. SEE!? All you internet folks that like to judge parents? IT'S G RATED. SO THERE!

You see, I was reading CNN today, and they were talking about child video clips that go viral on Youtube. A lot of folks were going on about how that was bad for the kids, and yada yada yada.
But someone brought up a good point.
Do you remember a little over 10 years ago? You know, when DVD's weren't too popular yet, but America's Funniest Home Videos was AWESOME?

Why didn't we hear all this hub-bub about child endangerment then? Why didn't we see people screaming about how parents were using their kids to get famous THEN? You know, when people were trying to win prizes for EMBARRASSING clips about their kids? I still remember seeing people do REALLY stupid stuff. And you know what? It was all in good fun. There was very little judgement in that at all.

But now that it is on the Internet? OH NOES.

Moving on. Baths. Yes.

I had to give the baby a bath today. A baby with eczema. WOO. He loves the tub, don't get me wrong. But I HATE how his skin gets after bathtime. I can lather him up in lotion, and he still feels scaly. How it doesn't bother him, I'll never know.

What I do know is that he has the most awesome hairdos ever after bathtime. I do know that he loves getting soaped up. He loves getting his hair washed. He loves to try to splash water at my face.

And the pain of bathtime is all worth it when he smiles and laughs. I can look at that little chubby face and see pure joy.

Total mom moment. I have them too.


1 comment:

  1. "Joe? Erica? YOUR CHILD IS NAKED AND I'M TRYING TO PLAY PROTOTYPE"

    ReplyDelete