Thursday, April 15, 2010

Vaccinations and Spaghetti



It is entirely possible that the key to happiness is spaghetti and meatballs. I can hear it now. There are going to be some hardcore folks out there saying "He can't possibly be eating that already." OH yes, my little chubby man can definitely eat it. If it's mashed up, he can eat it. And he WILL. He chews (although technically it's gumming to death, but you get the picture), he swallows. And the next day, he poops.

He also doesn't take it easy on food. This boy gets very uppity about being fed at just the right pace. He's been known to eat until there is no more food... and then he glares. Because you know, it's all my fault that the food is gone. I should be telling the food makers to put more in those damned jars. I should be making it myself!

I don't altogether disagree with that last bit, by the way.

But as I was saying. Spaghetti. Meatballs. Happiness. Keys. Yes! The reason I say all this is because of vaccinations. You know, those things you get through sharp pointy objects? The ones that have been known to make me fall flat on my face?

Tristan was a month late, of course, since we went on vacation in March. He was fine with getting naked. He was fine with his genitals being manhandled by the doctor who was making sure that the testicles were alright. He was fine with getting poked, and prodded. But good god, those shots.

I have never heard him cry that loud in my life. Not only did he cry, and scream, but he let loose those big fat tears that make you feel like the ultimate piece of scum on this planet.

On went the bandages, and off we went. By the time we got home, he was out cold. AND STILL SNIFFLING. But I give him mad props. As soon as I picked him up after the shots, he cut off mid cry. And sniffled. He played up the miserable act, and me being the sucker of a mom that I am, I ate it up. Coo coo baby. Coo coo.

Naturally, upon waking this little buddha of mine decided he was hungry. And he was hungry NOW damnit. A bottle got fed... and that wasn't enough. So into the bebe pod he went. On went the tray and the bib. And then he proceeded to eat. And eat. And eat.

I dread the day when he actually eats real solid food. My grocery bills are going to go from bad... to nightmarish. Still.. look at that face. Totally worth it.





No comments:

Post a Comment